Custom Othoses Services | Preparing and Fitting of Custom Orthoses
GB Orthopaedics provides care to patients with disabling conditions of limbs and spine by preparing and fitting devices known as orthoses. These services are provided under the direction of and in consultation with physicians. As an overview, GB Orthopaedics:
- Assists in formulation of specifications of orthoses.
- Examines and evaluates a patient’s orthotic needs in relation to disease entity and functional loss.
- Formulates the design of orthoses.
- Selects the appropriate materials.
- Makes cast measurements, model modifications and layouts.
- Performs the fitting, including static and dynamic alignments.
- Evaluates orthosis on-patient and makes adjustments to assure fit, function, the cosmetic nature of the orthosis, and quality of work.
- Instructs patients in orthosis use.
- Maintains patient records.
- May supervise laboratory activities relating to development of orthoses.
- Lectures and demonstrates to colleagues and other professionals concerned with orthoses.